Latest Delta Groove Releases
The Mannish Boys Wrapped Up & ReadyBuy Now
Andy T - Nick Nixon Band - Livin' It UpBuy Now
Alastair Greene Trouble At Your DoorBuy Now
Delta Groove welcomes Tony Braunagel to our prestigious team of industry professionals who make themselves available on our DELTA GROOVE SERVICES PAGE. Tony will be available along with Randy Chortkoff to service musicians and bands involved with Delta Groove Music and Eclecto Groove Records on a selective basis. We are proud to welcome Tony Braunagel aboard.
Tony Braunagel BioRaised on a healthy diet of rhythm and blues, drummer Tony Braunagel began playing around his hometown of Houston, Texas in the mid-sixties, eventually hooking up with such blues luminaries as Lightnin’ Hopkins, John Lee Hooker and Jimmy Reed. Later in life he performed with Charles Brown and Etta James, as well as landing opportunities to record with B.B. King and Otis Rush, just to name a few. Tony left Houston in 1971 and followed his musical calling to New York and later to London. In 1979 he relocated to Los Angeles and joined forces with the likes of Eric Burdon, Rickie Lee Jones, Bonnie Raitt, Taj Mahal, and Robert Cray. His playing and recording experiences are very extensive. Braunagel produced a Grammy Award winning record on Taj Mahal called “Shoutin’ In Key” and has produced three CDs on Eric Burdon, “My Secret Life”, “Soul of a Man”, and the most recent “Until Your River Runs Dry”. Tony has also co-produced two CDs on Curtis Salgado that received multiple nominations for Blues Music Awards, including a win for Contemporary Blues Album of the Year, and is currently working on a third one. Additionally Braunagel has produced two CDs on the breakout band Trampled Under Foot, the latter one winning a Contemporary Blues Album of the Year Award, and he’s co-produced two records for Eclecto Groove, including Mike Zito’s debut with the label, “Today” and Ana Popovic’s release “Blind for Love”. Tony Braunagel currently lives in Los Angeles and still plays and records with the Phantom Blues Band.
2015 Blues Music Award Nominations:
- Album of the Year - Mannish Boys "Wrapped Up and Ready"
- Traditional Blues Album - Mannish Boys "Wrapped Up and Ready"
- Band of the Year - Mannish Boys
- Traditional Blues Album - Andy T - Nick Nixon Band "Livin' It Up"
- B.B. King Entertainer of the Year - Sugaray Rayford
- Traditional Blues Male Artist - Sugaray Rayford
- Instrumentalist / Bass - Willie J. Campbell (Mannish Boys)
- Instrumentalist / Drums - Jimi Bott (Mannish Boys)
- Instrumentalist / Horns - Terry Hanck
Our past Blues Music Awards:
- 2013 Traditional Blues Album – The Mannish Boys “Double Dynamite”
- 2012 Instrumentalist / Horn – Terry Hanck
- 2011 Historical Album of the Year – Bob Corritore “Harmonica Blues”
- 2010 Song of the Year – Mike Zito & Cyril Neville “Pearl River”
- 2010 Instrumentalist / Harmonica – Jason Ricci
- 2010 Instrumentalist / Drums – Cedric Burnside
- 2009 Best New Artist Debut – Cedric Burnside & Lightnin’ Malcolm “2 Man Wrecking Crew”
- 2008 Pinetop Perkins Piano Player of the Year – Honey Piazza
Keeping the Blues Alive Award:
- 2009 Record Label – Delta Groove Productions
From Markey Blue:
We cant thank the folks at Delta Groove Promotion and Radio enough for all their hard work on the debut release of Markey Blue "Hey Hey"
Even before our Sept 16th release date we hit #1 on the Blues Debut Chart and hit the ground running on the Roots Music Review Chart.
The guidance and opportunities they have provided for us have been nothing short of amazing.
They have helped us with everything from securing distribution, ad's in publications, reviews, radio and pod cast interviews, and were just getting started.
There is so much work that goes into releasing a CD and Delta Groove made so much possible for us. Randy Chortkoff, Steve Dixon and the rest of the folks at Delta Groove Promotion thank you, thank you from all of us in The Markey Blue Band.View Services Page